The Board of Governors meets approximately six times a year. Meeting dates, highlights and reports are available.
The Board of Governors consists of eleven members: The Chancellor, the President of the University, five members appointed by the Lieutenant-Governor-in-Council, two members elected by the Senate, one student, and one faculty member. It elects its own Chair and Vice-Chair from among its members.
- Governance and Executive Committee
- Audit and Finance Committee
- Human Resources Committee
- Land and Facilities Committee
The role of the Board is outlined in Board of Governors Bylaws.
The Board of Governors is responsible for overseeing and directing all matters respecting the management, administration and control of the university’s property, revenues and financial affairs.
- construction and maintenance of buildings, equipment and capital assets;
- appointing the president and other senior officers of the university and fixing salaries;
- compensation and terms of employment for all employees, and pension plans for retirees;
- overseeing the university’s finances, investments and pension plans;
- providing for the establishment and/or disestablishment of colleges, schools, departments, endowed chairs and institutes;
- affiliation and federation with other educational institutions;
- setting of tuition and other fees; and
- establishment and oversight of good governance practices, including regulating the conduct of its meetings, establishing its committees and making bylaws respecting matters over which it has responsibility.
The University of Saskatchewan publishes all relevant expenses incurred by the Chair of the Board of Governors and the Chancellor for the purposes of travel. All expenses must be incurred in accordance with approved policies and procedures of the University of Saskatchewan, and all applicable laws.
Forms and Guidelines
Submitting items to the Board and Representatin to the Board
- Guidelines for submitting items to the Board
- Board template - Information Item
- Board template - Decision Item
- Board template - Discussion Item
- Guidelines for representation to the Board
- Guidelines for In Camera Items
Guidelines for Board Members
- Guidelines governing board member responsibilities
- Board of Governors - Governance Standards
- Guidelines for Board member and Chancellor expenses
- Board education and development
- Conflict of Interest Form
- Board work plan
Chair and Vice-Chair