The University of Saskatchewan provides an online election tool (“ELECTION SYSTEM”) for the campus community. The ELECTION SYSTEM is owned and operated by the university.
These terms of service govern your use of the ELECTION SYSTEM. By using this service, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service. The University of Saskatchewan may revise this agreement at any time without notice. The latest version of the terms of service will be available at https://secretariat.usask.ca/elections/terms.php.
The university provides the ELECTION SYSTEM on an “as is” and “as available” basis and without warranties of any kind, express or implied. The university does not guarantee uninterrupted or error-free function of the ELECTION SYSTEM. The university will not be held liable for any damages incurred in connection with the use of the ELECTION SYSTEM including those that result for failure or decommissioning of the service. The university reserves the right to modify, suspend or discontinue the service at any time.
The university will record who has cast a ballot in an election and record the ballot choice. Ballots will not be tied to voters within the system. These records will be kept on university servers.
All elections conducted with the ELECTION SYSTEM must be approved by the University Secretary’s Office. Eligible elections must meet the following criteria:
- Conducted on behalf of a division of the University of Saskatchewan or a recognized student union. Examples include elections for:
- University Senate
- University Council
- University of Saskatchewan Students’ Union
- Graduate Students’ Assocation
- Be governed by publicly available bylaws
- All electors must have a university NSID account.
The University Secretary may reject an election request at their discretion.
As an organizer of a campus election, you agree to: · Adhere to the relevant university policies including but not limited to the following: IT Communications Policy, Management of University Records Policy, Data Management Policy, Information Technology Use Policy, and the Information Technology Security Policy.
- Be solely responsible for your actions and use of the ELECTION SYSTEM.
- Be responsible for maintaining the security of your account.
- Not use the ELECTION SYSTEM for unlawful, abusive or otherwise objectionable purposes
- Be responsible for handling elector’s grievances about the election or related bylaws