Terms of Reference
The Scholarships and Awards Committee of University Council is responsible for:
- Recommending to Council on matters relating to the awards, scholarships and bursaries under the control of the University.
- Recommending to Council on the establishment of awards, scholarships and bursaries.
- Granting awards, scholarships, and bursaries that are open to students of more than one college or school.
- Recommending to Council rules and procedures to deal with appeals by students with respect to awards, scholarships and bursaries.
- Designating individuals to act as representatives of the committee on any other bodies, when requested, where such representation is deemed by the committee to be beneficial.
Nine members of the General Academic Assembly, at least three of whom will be elected members of Council, normally one of whom will be chair.
Vice-President, Academic of the USSU
Vice-President, Finance of the GSA
An Indigenous representative from the Aboriginal Students’ Centre or a college undergraduate affairs office.
Provost & Vice-President, Academic or designate
Dean of the College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies or designate
Vice-Provost, Teaching, Learning, and Student Experience or designate
Vice-President, University Relations or designate (non-voting member)
President (non-voting member)
Chair of Council (non-voting member)
Resource Personnel (non voting members)
Director of Graduate Awards and Scholarships
Director of Finance and Trusts, University Relations
Associate Registrar (Bursar)
Office of the Registrar
|Tracie Risling (Chair)-Exec||Nursing||2023|
|Hyunjung Shin||Curriculum Studies||2022|
General Academic Assembly Members
|Susan Shantz||Art & Art History||2023|
|Janet Okoko||Educational Administration||2022|
|Alison Pickrell||Assistant Vice-provost, Strategic Enrolment Management (ex officio)|
|Deborah Burshtyn||Dean, Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (ex officio)|
|Debra Pozega Osburn||Vice-President University Relations (ex officio, non-voting)|
|Graeme Joseph||Team Lead, Aboriginal Students’ Centre|
|Kiefer Roberts||USSU Designate||2021|
|Hadi Ramin||GSA Designate||2021|
|Heather Lukey||Director, Graduate Awards and Scholarships|
|Shandi Boser||Manager, Donation and Trusts Services|
|Alex Beldan-Exec||Committee Secretary|