Terms of Reference
The Governance Committee of University Council is responsible for:
- Reviewing the Bylaws of Council and recommending to Council revisions to the Bylaws.
- Reviewing the Bylaws of Faculty Councils and recommending to Colleges and Schools changes to the Bylaws.
- Reviewing the membership, powers and duties of committees of Council and recommending to Council revisions to the membership, powers and duties of committees.
- Recommending to Council regulations and procedures for Council and Council committees.
Advising Council with respect to its responsibilities and powers under The University of Saskatchewan Act, 1995 and recommending to Council on proposed changes to the Act.
Nominating members and Chair of the Nominations Committee of Council.
- Providing advice to the Chair of Council on the role of the Chair.
Recommending to Council rules and procedures, including the penalties as prescribed by section 61(1)(h) of The University of Saskatchewan Act, 1995, to deal with allegations of academic misconduct on the part of students.
Recommending to Council rules and procedures to deal with appeals by students and former students concerning academic decisions affecting them as provided in section 61 (1) (j) of The University of Saskatchewan Act, 1995.
Designating individuals to act as representatives of the committee on any other bodies, when requested, where such representation is deemed by the committee to be beneficial.
Three elected members of Council, one of whom will be Chair
The President’s designate
Chair of Council
Chair, Academic Programs Committee of Council
Chair, Planning and Priorities Committee of Council
Office of the University Secretary
Changes to Faculty Councils Membership
|Terry Wotherspoon (Chair)-Exec||Sociology||2022|
|Kate Dadachova||Pharmacy & Nutrition||2023|
Ex officio Members
|Chelsea Willness||University Secretary|
|Jay Wilson||Chair, Council|
|Susan Detmer||Chair, Academic Programs Committee|
|Darrell Mousseau||Chair, Planning and Priorities Committee|
Other Members (voting)
|Tamara Larre (Vice-chair)-Exec||President’s Designate||2020|
Student Members (non-voting)
|Autumn LaRose-Smith||USSU President||2021|
|Qasim Gill||GSA Designate||2021|
|Jacquie Thomarat-Exec||Associate Secretary – Office of the University Secretary|
The President and the Chair of Council are also ex-officio non-voting members of all University Council committees.