Terms of Reference
The Teaching, Learning and Academic Resources committee of University Council is responsible for:
- Commissioning, receiving and reviewing scholarship and reports related to teaching, learning and academic resources, with a view to supporting the delivery of academic programs and services at the University of Saskatchewan.
- Making recommendations to Council and the planning and priorities committee on policies, activities and priorities to enhance the effectiveness, evaluation and scholarship of teaching, learning and academic resources at the University of Saskatchewan.
- Promoting student, instructor and institutional commitments and responsibilities, as set out in the University of Saskatchewan Learning Charter and as reflected in the priority areas of the University of Saskatchewan integrated plans.
- Designating individuals to act as representatives of the committee on any other bodies, when requested, where such representation is deemed by the committee to be beneficial.
- The committee will carry out all of the above in the spirit and philosophy of equitable participation and an appreciation of the contributions of all people. As one of the university’s priority areas is Indigenization, this includes rigorous and supportive programs for Indigenous student success, engagement with Indigenous communities, and the creation of learning outcomes tied to Indigenous content and experiences grounded in Indigenous world views. In this context, Indigenous refers to First Nations, Métis and Inuit people of Canada. In addition, the prioritization of internationalization calls the committee to a focus on intercultural and international engagement among students, educators, and staff.
Reports and Projects
Reports to Council
October 25, 2018
Request for Decision: Approval of the Learning Charter
September 20, 2018
Notice of Motion: Approval of the Learning Charter
Report for Information: Annual Report of the Teaching, Learning and Academic Resources Committee for 2017-18
Request for Decision: Student Experience of Teaching and Learning Instrument
Student Experience of Teaching and Learning Instrument
Environmental Scan - Indigenous Teaching and Learning Experiences
Annual Report of the Teaching, Learning and Academic Resources Committee
Definition of "Indigenizing"
Learning Charter Update
Annual Report to Council for 2015/16
Inclusion of Indigenous knowledges in all degree programs at the University of Saskatchewan
Language for Acknowledgement of Indigenous Peoples and Lands
TLARC Year-end Report
Report from TLARC Working Groups
TLARC response to Planning and Priorities Committee regarding TransformUS reports: request response table of results
TLCC Annual Report 2013-14
Experiential Learning Concept Paper Item for information February 2014
Academic Advising Charter Item for information November 2013
Committee Projects and Initiatives
Learning Charter and commitments:
- University of Saskatchewan Learning Charter
- Foundational document for Teaching & Learning
Evaulation of Teaching
- Policy documents:
- Department Booklets:
SEEQ Implementation (Institutional Planning & Assessment Website)
Policies and guidelines
- Towards the Digital University:a brief introduction to E-Texts and Open Access (Report of the E-Text Subcommittee, Academic Support Committee June 2010)
- Guidelines for Faculty and Staff using Internet Social Networking in an Academic Context at the University of Saskatchewan (May, 2009)
- Policy on Use of Materials Protected by Copyright (November, 2009)
Eleven members of the General Academic Assembly, at least five of whom will be members of Council, and among the members from the General Academic Assembly there will be some expertise in Indigenous teaching and learning. Normally one of the five members of Council will be appointed chair of the committee.
One sessional lecturer
One graduate student appointed by the GSA
One undergraduate student appointed by the USSU
Vice-Provost, Teaching, Learning, and Student Experience
Resource Personnel (non-voting)
Chief Information Officer and Associate Vice-President, ICT
Dean, University Library
Director, Distance Education Unit
Director, Gwenna Moss Centre for Teaching and Learning
Director, Academic Technology
Director, Indigenous Initiatives
Office of the Vice-Provost, Teaching, Learning, and Student Experience
Membership 2022-2023Please click here to view our current committee membership listing, then scroll down and choose the 'Current Committee Membership' button.
2022-2023 Meeting ScheduleMeetings are held 2:30pm-4:30pm
- September 13, 2022
- October 11, 2022
- November 15, 2022
- December 6, 2022
- January 17, 2023
- February 28, 2023
- March 21, 2023
- April 11, 2023
- May 16, 2023
- June 13, 2023